What is Level Pay?
Level Pay is a new, convenient monthly bill payment option that helps you budget for your LADWP bill and pay off past due amounts.
Level Pay smooths-out the seasonal highs and lows of your utility bill across set monthly payments, so you’ll know exactly how much you need to pay each month. Paying the same amount every month levels out seasonal high bill fluctuations and helps you budget better for your utility bill, no matter the time of year.
How Level Pay Works
- We calculate your average utility services usage over the past 12 months.
- The annual usage calculated is then used to find the average monthly amount to be paid. If you have a past due balance, it will be added to the average monthly amount to be paid off over the payment term.1
- Payment terms of 12, 24, and 36 months are available.
- 24- and 36-month plans are available only for accounts with arrears.
- At the end of your payment term, your participation in Level Pay will automatically renew and the monthly amount will be recalculated based on your prior 12 months service usage.
- If at the end of the term, you paid more or less than the amount of services used, the difference will be rolled into the calculation of the next term.
- Over the course of your enrollment, your monthly Level Pay amount will be reviewed and may be adjusted up or down to minimize the difference between the amount of services used.
1Over the course of your enrollment, your monthly Level Pay amount will be reviewed and may be adjusted up or down to reflect your most recent actual amount of services used.,/p>
- Available to all residential and multi-residential customers with qualifying services (i.e. water, electric, refuse and sewer)
- Account can be in good standing or have past due balance.
Level Pay Policy
LADWP Level Pay Policy
You will receive monthly Level Pay payment notices. The scheduled payment amount is based on the calculation of your average utility services and does not represent the actual charges incurred. You will continue to receive your regular bi-monthly bill which will continue to include your actual usage.2 Be sure to read your bi-monthly bill closely each cycle to monitor your water and power use.
You can cancel your participation in Level Pay at any time by calling 1-800-DIAL-DWP (800-342-5397).
When you cancel Level Pay, your next regular bi-monthly bill will include any actual charges that weren’t covered by your monthly payments.
Failure to Pay
Your Level Pay monthly scheduled amount must be paid in full each month by the due date on the payment notice. Otherwise, you may be removed from the program. If you’re removed from the program for failure to pay, you will not be allowed to re-enroll in the program for 180 days.
2Most of the time, while enrolled in Level Pay, the regular customer bill will have a $0 balance, but if a customer is past due on their Level Pay monthly payments or a non-eligible Level Pay charge is applied to a customer account, the commodity bill will have charges and will need to be paid.