A: Applications for the LADWP’s Turf Replacement Program are processed by SoCal Water$mart. If you have any questions regarding your rebate, call their hotline at 1-888-376-3314.
A: Customers are required to continue to comply with Phase 2 of the Emergency Water Conservation Plan Ordinance which restricts landscape watering to three (3) days a week and prohibits wasteful water use. According to the Emergency Water Conservation Plan Ordinance, customers:
- Should never use water on hard surfaces such as sidewalks, walkways, driveways, or parking areas (with exception of water brooms)
- Should not irrigate landscaping between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Should not allow excess water from sprinklers to flood gutters
- Should not use water to clean, fill, or maintain decorative fountains unless the water is part of a recirculation system
- May only serve water to customers in eating establishments when requested
- Should fix irrigation leaks immediately
For more information, go to Ordinance & Codes.
A: The City of Los Angeles Water Conservation Ordinance limits outdoor watering with sprinklers to three (3) days a week. Based on the last number of your street address, your watering days are as follows:
ODD: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
EVEN: Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Watering with sprinklers is limited to one cycle of up to 8 minutes per station per watering day for non-conserving nozzle sprinkler systems (typical residential system), or two 15-minute cycles per watering day for conserving nozzle sprinkler systems. ALL outdoor watering is prohibited from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. regardless of the watering day. For more information, go to Ordinances & Codes.
A: No. Water usage will be billed according to your metered consumption.
You may be eligible for a Sewer Service Charge (SSC) adjustment if you filled your pool during the winter rainy season (typically from October through April). To request an adjustment, contact the City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works, Bureau of Sanitation at 1-800-540-0952 or fill out and submit a Residential SSC Request for Adjustment.