If you have an active water leak and need assistance turning your water off for emergency repairs, you can report the leak by phone (Residential Contact Us or Commercial Contact Us) or in person (visit any of our LADWP Customer Service Centers). If this is an emergency, do not notify us by email.

LADWP does not repair leaks on private property. However, if there has been an underground leak repaired on the property, you may be eligible for a billing adjustment. Adjustments are determined by our Field Investigations Unit.

Broken or leaking sprinklers, water heaters, faucets, and toilets do not qualify for a water billing adjustment.

Commercial and Residential Customers Adjustment Request Process

To be considered for an adjustment (must request within 12 months of the occurrence), mail the following information to the Field Investigations Office based on the area location (see below) for the address of the leak.

  1. Name
  2. Address
  3. Telephone number
  4. Brief description of the leak
  5. Copies of repair receipts

Attn: (select area location below) 
PO Box 51111 
Los Angeles, CA 90051-0100

Area Locations for Field Investigation Offices

(San Pedro & Wilmington)

(Greater Los Angeles)

(San Fernando Valley) 

West L.A. 
(Coastal Los Angeles)

You may also submit your billing adjustment request information and documents at any of our LADWP Customer Service Centers to be forwarded to the Field Investigations Unit. Do not send the documents by email.

NOTE: Please allow a minimum of 2 to 4 weeks for the Field Investigation Unit to contact you regarding your request.